Men all over the world are faced with the problem of their testosterone levels dropping consistently after the age of 30, leading to several associated problems.
This is a natural process, and unavoidable, but that does not mean that you need to sit idly by and allow low energy levels, loss of interest in sex or accumulation of body fat to ruin your life. The bright light at the end of the tunnel can come in the form of testosterone boosting supplements, but only if you truly know what to look for.
There are an almost limitless array of products on the market today, which, if you’re not careful about can cause you to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars and not have anything to show for it.
This is why we at Supplement Investigator take pride in bringing to you unbiased testosterone booster comparisons so that you can make better-informed purchasing decisions when using your hard-earned cash.
This comparison involves Prime male and Nugenix Ultimate, two well-known supplements in the space of testosterone improvement, but which are geared towards different goals.
What do you want a testosterone booster to do for you? Maybe you’re after overall health, or maybe you are looking for something to improve your sexual prowess. Whatever your goal is, it is important that the product you choose has attributes that are aligned in the same direction as your goals.
Let’s check out the differences between Prime Male and Nugenix
Men over the age of 30 years that start observing changes in their energy levels, ability to stay relatively lean, or interest in sex will best be served by Prime Male, which can help to ameliorate the gradual reduction in testosterone levels that is experienced.
This does not mean that younger men can’t use or benefit from Prime Male, but is just a matter of choosing the best option to support your goals. Younger men are less likely to notice significant changes since testosterone levels usually peak in their early 20s at any rate.
Nugenix does not specifically reference itself as being most beneficial for men of a certain age, as it claims to be able to support muscle growth, overall drive and androgenic activity, which most likely refers to libido.
This would mean that Nugenix can be consumed by men regardless of their age, and to a lesser degree their respective of goals too.
However, owing to the fact that Nugenix manufacturers a complete line of products, and this being a comparison with Nugenix Ultimate, it would be fair to say that based on its ingredient profile it is most likely to show gthe reatest benefit when it comes to increasing sexual aggression and performance. More on that later.
Primary Benefits/Intended Uses Of Prime Male
- Increased energy levels – a man’s testosterone levels is intricately linked with his overall energy levels. Though not the sole determining factor, this association is clearly evident when comparing men in their 20s to men in their 30s, who are less energetic than their younger counterparts. If you particularly notice rapid changes in energy levels over the course of a few months, it is very likely that disrupted testosterone levels (given that you’ve ruled out other factors) is the culprit.
- Increased libido – younger men with the highest testosterone levels also possess higher DHT levels than older men, this being the most powerful androgen, and which plays a key role in the regulation of sex drive. As testosterone production is reduced with advancing age, in turn, interest in sex is also diminished.
- Body fat reduction – testosterone elevation brought about as a result of prime male consumption positively improves body composition, increasing lean muscle mass and decreasing body fat percentage. Men have lower body fat percentages when compared to women since testosterone favors muscle protein synthesis, in turn leading to higher metabolic rates. Older men with lower levels do not benefit from testosterone’s ability to keep body fat under control as much as younger men.
- Overall mood and well-being improvement – the feeling of waking up crummy in the morning occurs at increasing frequency as men age, as dopamine and testosterone levels are reduced. Prime male specifically assists with the production of this key neurotransmitter that favorably impacts drive and motivation, improving overall sense of happiness and well-being in the process.
Primary Benefits/Intended Uses Of Nugenix
- Increased sexual performance – Nugenix ultimate contains several synergistic ingredients which improve erectile potency and sexual aggression. This translates well to if you’re looking for a product primarily to improve your sexual satisfaction and performance.
- Muscle growth – the significant amount of D-Aspartic Acid contained in Nugenix ultimate is a sure fire way to ramp up testosterone production regardless of age. This in turn will also lend itself to reducing body fat.
- Improved drive – very useful for improving your “get up and go” attitude so that you accomplish whatever you set out to do. This also means that your workouts are likely to be more productive, in addition to improving your overall satisfaction with life.
Prime Male is tolerated very well by the majority of men that use it, with only an occasional report or two of nausea experienced from time to time. It is likely to occur in people new to using supplements with D-Aspartic Acid, but usually subsides after a few instances of consuming the product.
Nugenix ultimate is also very well tolerated and possesses a significant degree of safety. The dosage of D-Aspartic Acid contained in it is very large, so it is expected that nausea might occur at a higher frequency than for Prime Male.
Nugenix Ultimate also contains fenugreek, which may cause prolactin and estrogen like adverse effects in a small number of men.
Differences In Ingredient Profile
Prime male and Nugenix ultimate are considerably different in what they contain, even though there are a few similarities. They both contain the following:
- D-Aspartic Acid
- Mucuna Pruriens
- Stinging nettle root
Unique Ingredients Found In Prime Male
- Vitamin D3
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin K2
Unique Ingredients Found In Nugenix Ultimate
- Maca root
- Tongkat Ali
Pros And Cons
- Well-known brand with a loyal customer base
- Very reasonable ninety-day money back guarantee
- The product is well-rounded to support multiple aspects of male health
- Pricey, likely to turn you off if you’ve never purchased a testosterone booster before or didn’t expect to spend so much
- Requires four pills daily, which may cause you to miss doses
- Will significantly improve sexual performance
- Nugenix brand has been around for about 20 years, making it one of the most respected brands
- Formulations are constantly updated to improve efficacy and add new cutting-edge ingredients
- Very expensive. This may prevent people from trying the supplement altogether, which is a shame considering it holds great promise
- Also requires four pills per day, which is more than many men are comfortable with consuming
The Verdict- My Recommendation
While both products are great options for testosterone enhancement in my opinion, it boils down to what you are looking for to a great extent.
Prime Male has a well-rounded formulation that will be of particular benefit to men seeking to improve general wellbeing and male sexual health, though it is a sort of “Jack of all trades, master of none” situation. Regardless, you will be pleasantly pleased from its usage as long as you don’t expect specialty-type results.
Nugenix, on the other hand, is an interesting one. Its ingredient profile is impressive as well, with a whopping 3000mg of D-aspartic acid per 4 pill serving, meaning that testosterone enhancement is almost a certainty. Considering its other ingredients though, it is clear that there is an emphasis on “performance” with ingredients such as epimedium well known for its pro-erectile properties.
Neither will disappoint, but keep in mind your objective when settling on one.