Choosing the correct testosterone booster to meet your needs can be quite the laborious task. Unless you have spent significant time beforehand analyzing what each can do for you, in haste you may end up choosing one that doesn’t fully support your goals.
Wait-what? You tell me that not all testosterone boosters are the same? Of course not! While at their core they all work to achieve the end result of increasing testosterone, the ingredients they contain or the way these changes manifest can be significantly different.
In this episode, we compare two titans in the world of natural testosterone boosters – Prime Male and TestoFuel. Which one of these should you choose? After reading to the end you will clearly know which to choose.
Prime Male and Testofuel are formulated differently, even though there is a large degree of overlap. In particular, here are some more specifics of these two supplements:
Prime Male is marketed specifically to men that are older than 30 years of age. White 30 years of age? Because this is the point at which testosterone levels naturally start to decline. When you think about the fact that many of the consumers of testosterone boosters are over 30 in the first place, you can see why this makes great sense.
TestoFuel, on the other hand, is heavily marketed towards men that are seeking to improve their muscle mass and body composition as a result of using a testosterone booster. Muscle growth is also one of the primary reasons men use testosterone boosters, with this product containing fewer ingredients targeted at overall testosterone increases.
Primary Benefits/Intended Uses of Prime Male
- Increasing energy levels, especially when you observe fatigue and lethargy getting significantly worse from what you recall just a few months ago.
- Increasing libido, in the sense that your urge to copulate has diminished to a frequency of less than once per week. Younger men with higher testosterone levels have sex drives reflected in their urge to have sex.
- Improving mood and your sense of well-being, very important for keeping your motivation up.
- Helping to support your health by preventing metabolic diseases that usually accompany men of advancing age.
Primary Benefits/Intended Uses of Testofuel
- Supports recovery following your workout session, allowing you to target muscle groups with increasing frequency and still be able to recuperate.
- Buffers the effects of the stress hormone cortisol, which blunts catabolic processes, helping you to preserve a greater amount of muscle mass.
- Increase testosterone-mediated rate of protein synthesis, so that food consumed is preferentially shuttled into muscle cells to facilitate growth.
Prime Male is well tolerated well by those who consume it, only occasionally resulting in transient nausea in a small number of people. Consuming with food also appears to minimize this effect.
All of the ingredients have been scientifically studied, and even though supplements are not specifically endorsed by the FDA, a margin of safety has to be established in order to make it available for consumption by the masses.
Testofuel is also very well tolerated by people who use it, consisting of many natural ingredients. Similar to Prime Male, TestoFuel is only likely to result in nausea, as a result of the high D-Aspartic Acid dose, but besides this, the occurrence of adverse effects is low.
One thing of note is the fact that Testofuel contains the ingredient fenugreek. Fenugreek, while great for increasing testosterone levels and improving insulin sensitivity, also possesses estrogenic and prolactin-like properties. This may make it a little troublesome in men particularly sensitive to the effects of these feminizing hormones. Be very careful if this is you.
Differences in Ingredient Formulation
Prime Male and Testofuel share a very similar ingredient profile, even though there are differences. For instance, Prime Male contains a total of 12 ingredients, whereas Testofuel contains 9ingredients.
The core ingredients contained in each product are:
- Vitamin D3
- Vitamin K2
- Vitamin B6
- D-Aspartic Acid
- Red Ginseng
It is important to note that even though these are considered the core ingredients in terms of them being contained in each supplement, there are differences in the strength of each contained, along with the relative salt or ester form.
For instance, Prime Male contains 1600 mg of D-Aspartic Acid, while Testofuel contains 2300 mg. Prime Male claims that the D-Aspartic Acid contained in their formulation is chelated, while Testofuel includes the standard ingredient. There is no proof that the chelated form is in fact superior.
Another example of this is ginseng, which each contains but under different names that can only be viewed as a way of confusing consumers. They’re both exactly the same thing.
Now on to the differences:
- Oyster extract
- Nettle root extract
- Mucuna Pruriens
Pros and Cons
- Excellent for improving overall health. Works more comprehensively than Testofuel for improving all aspects important to Male sexual health and well-being.
- A well-trusted brand that has been around for years
- The manufacturer offers an unconditional ninety-day money back guarantee, giving sufficient time for you to experience if the supplement is right for you.
- Costly – Prime Male is a little more expensive than Testofuel, even though on a grander scale of things they both are priced in the same bracket.
- Lots of pills – a daily dose of four capsules required.
- Not for immediate results – takes a while to build up testosterone levels and for you to start observing noticeable effects.
- Contains an excellent amount of D-Aspartic Acid, the most effective ingredients for increasing testosterone.
- Well known throughout the world.
- Helps to promote muscle gain and preservation.
- Not vegan-friendly
- Issues may arise if consumed by persons with estrogen sensitivity
The Verdict – My Recommendation
After analyzing both of these supplements, it is clear that they are both superb in their own right. Prime Male appears to possess a slight edge over Testofuel looking at the larger picture, as many of the ingredients lend themselves to increasing testosterone production, which in turn will also contribute to muscle gain if that is what you desire.
Testofuel, with the addition of fenugreek, is both a good and a bad thing. For men without significant estrogen sensitivity issues, it is not going to be a problem and will support a more favorable anabolic state.
Prime Male costs a little bit more than Testofuel, but in my opinion, it is worth it. Testofuel’s raw 2300 mg of D-Aspartic Acid will help kick testosterone production into high gear, giving it the advantage in terms of sheer muscle building potential.
All things considered, choose Prime Male if you’re looking for comprehensive Male enhancement, and stick to Testofuel if muscle hypertrophy/bodybuilding is your primary goal.